1) Up-Front Cost. Concrete parking lots are increasingly cost effective compared to asphalt parking lots due to rising petroleum prices, asphalt shortages.
2) Life-Time Cost. Concrete parking lots require very little maintenance. Re-sealing is recommended every 3-4 years, and can be done very economically with virtually no down time.
3) Lighting. Because concrete is light in color, fewer lights are required to provide safe, well-lit parking areas. Fewer lights—up to 30% fewer—means lower utility bills.
4) Aesthetics. Concrete parking lots are more visually appealing to customers, employees, and visitors.
5) Variety. Concrete can be poured in a wide variety of colors. It can be stamped or stained in a variety of colors as well.
6) Maintenance. Concrete parking lots are virtually maintenance free. No more weeklong reseal projects every couple of years. No closing parking areas off for days at a time or costly repair work. A properly designed and installed concrete parking area can last fifty years!! Refreshing a concrete parking lot typically requires only a thorough cleaning with a pressure washer and a spray on sealer.
7) Sustainability. Concrete can be composed of a number of recycled materials, including recycled concrete, fly ash and coal slag, and even the sub-base can be re-used. Rain water coming off of asphalt can pick up oils and other chemicals that wind up in storm sewers and, ultimately, fresh water supplies.
8) Heat Reflector. Light colored concrete reflects heat in the summer, eliminating the sweltering temps of asphalt parking lots baking in the sun. Rain water that runs off of concrete is cooler as well.
9) Durability. Asphalt, over time and with heavy traffic, will rut and become misshapen, leading to water pooling, and further breakdown, and eventually failure.
10) Longer installation season. Concrete can be installed at lower temperatures than asphalt, meaning that project you put off all summer might still get done, as long as you are pourin’ crete!!
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Choose the Services:
Repair & MaintenanceADA / Wheelchair RampsStriping and FinishingStops and BumpersCurb & Sidewalk RepairRemoval and Paving